Buy Gita Press Books directly from ‘Gita Press Book Shop’, by clicking here
Hanuman Prasad Poddar was the founding and the lifetime editor of its noted magazine.
Below : Here are a few book shops of ‘Gita Press Gorakhpur’ in different locations around India :
Gita Press started publishing in 1927, with a circulation of 1,600 copies and in 2012 its print order had reached 2.5 lakhs.
The Gita Press archives contain over 3,500 manuscripts including over 100 interpretations of the Universal Scripture Bhagawad Gita ( Buy Online ).
The Bhagavad Gita preachers Seth Jaya Dayal Goyandka, Shri Hanuman Prasad Poddar and Shri Ghanshyam Das Jalan set up the Gita Press on 29 April 1923, as a unit of Gobind Bhawan Karyalaya registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Gita Press is presently governed by the West Bengal Societies Act, 1960. Five months later it acquired its first printing machine for Rs 600.
Since its establishment, the Gita Press has published approximately 410 million copies of the Bhagavad Gita (in different editions) and 70.0 million copies of the Ramcharitamanas, at subsidized prices.
The Press was temporarily shut down in December 2014 over wage issues, but the work resumed peacefully a few days later.
- Kalyank (in Hindi) is a monthly magazine being published since 1927. It has articles devoted to various religious topics promoting & uplifting good thoughts and good deeds. Writings by Indian saints and scholars are regularly published in the magazine.
- Kalyana-Kalpataru (in English) is also a monthly publication. It started in 1934. Its contents are similar to Kalyan.
Neither of these spiritual magazines display any advertisements.
These texts are published in Sanskrit & Hindi, and in major regional languages of India like Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya and others.They publish in English language as well these days
- Shrimad Bhagvad Gita (several formats)
- The Mahabharata
- Shri Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas (several formats), Telugu version (2002)
- Other works by Tulsidas
- Valmiki Ramayana (several formats)
- Scriptures (Puranas, Upanishads and others)
- Works by Soordas
- Books by Swami Ramsukhdas
- Books by Hanuman Prasad Poddar
- Books by Jaydayal Goyandaka
- Bhakta-Gathas and Bhajans
- Small books for children
Gita Press has branches and stalls in many locations acroos India. Many of the stalls are operated in railway platforms.
Click on the images below to buy the books online
Click on the images above to buy the books online